this article has been read 5927 times
Thinkin' About Starting A Trail?
Fern Ridge Lake — Veneta, OR
We like to call it a "Trail-in-a-Box," a process for organizing agricultural producers, entertainment farms, rural entrepreneurs, and the small family farm into friendly tours of country retailers so that they may claim a sustainable rural lifestyle. With our system, trails are up and running within a matter of weeks.
What you get as a trail member:
- An online store on our highly optimized website.
- Inclusion on our online map
- Inclusion in your trail brochure
- Opportunities to participate in trail festivals and events
- Cross promotion of your products with over 200 other trail members
- Directional road signs for your trail
- Publicity via Twitter and Facebook
- Press Releases for your events
- Oregon Country Trail Newsletter
- Your events posted on the website
- Cost for 2011: $125/a year. (or just $10 a month!!)
- Gather a group of at least 10 rural neighbors who produce or want to produce products from their country lifestyle, either through agriculture, farming, art, or any other endeavor.
- Choose a nearby location for your meetings, preferably a grange hall, a school, a deli, or a neighbor with an indoor space who is willing to be the heart of your trail.
- Invite us at 541-998-2828 to attend your meeting, present the concept of Oregon Country Trails, answer your questions, help envision your geographical design, brochures, and website.
- You elect a Trail Boss.
- And that's it. You are a member of Oregon's only, branded, agri-tourism system. Welcome to the Trails!